Georgia Baptist Churches all across the state are now involved in the Healthy Kingdom Churches (HKC) Journey. One thing we are hearing from them is that they like having a facilitator. In particular, they appreciate having someone familiar with Southern Baptist and Georgia Baptist churches lead them on this journey to enhanced ministry effectiveness.
Our HKC Facilitators do various things as they work with a church and pastor. Most of the time they guide them utilizing a coaching approach, other times they serve more like a mentor, and then again they may be called upon to be a sounding board. Though they never tell a church what to do, they are committed to helping that church and its pastor hear from God and take action on His word.
Characteristics of the Healthy Kingdom Churches Journey
The Healthy Kingdom Churches Journey is a voluntary process aimed at enhancing the ministry effectiveness of a church. As such it is:
- Distinctively Georgia Baptist
- Based on the Bible
- Spiritual in nature, seeking what God wants the church to be and do
- Focused on the ten qualities of church health identified by Dr. J. Robert White in his book, Healthy Kingdom Churches
- Guided by a trained Georgia Baptist Convention HKC Facilitator who will come to the church numerous times to work with them
- Built on a strategic planning framework