The Research Services team:
- provides and interprets demographic information to churches, associations, and GBC staff
- provides and interprets church statistics to churches, associations, and GBC staff
- prepares information for strategy planning meetings and assists leaders in presentation of data
- coordinates (with Information Services) Georgia’s Annual Church Profile (ACP) process
- utilizes Teleform software for survey design and creation, and
- coordinates and conducts applied research projects to assist GBC personnel, Associational Missionaries and churches.
Research Services is driven by the value that effective ministry is guided and supported by analysis and interpretation of relevant information. The Research Department will seek to empower Georgia Baptist ministries with accurate information, insightful evaluation, and effective tools for strategic planning. Research does not replace the role of the Holy Spirit in leading and guiding us into ministry. Research does, however, help us interpret and implement His calling more effectively.
Research Services is further driven by a commitment to cooperation. The Research Department will seek to be a cooperative partner with all departments, ministries, churches, and associations of the Georgia Baptist Convention in helping them reach their God-given goals.
Research Services will therefore serve Georgia Baptists’ living partnership of churches by:
- providing accurate and timely planning information to the Executive Team relating to the Convention’s purposes, goals, objectives, strategies, and action plans
- providing research support for the ministries of the Convention, and assisting in ministry development
- providing strategic communications (marketing) research for GBC publications
- assisting in the evaluation of the Convention’s plans, ministries, communication, products, and services
- developing strategic partnerships with other individuals and institutions related to research